High Speed Two (HS2) is a new high speed railway that will link London to Birmingham and Manchester, the East Midlands and Leeds. Phase One of the project links London with the West Midlands.
Main civils construction work for Phase One is due to commence at the beginning of 2019 and the delivery of the first trains for infrastructure testing will take place in 2024. The first passengers will travel on HS2 in late 2026.
The construction of the line is likely to cause considerable disruption for Warwickshire residents who either live near the construction works or who travel through the affected areas on a regular basis. To keep informed of road closures, HS2 drop-in sessions and other updates please visit this page on a regular basis.
1. Notice is given of significant impact on residents of Southam and surrounding villages due to road closures near to the Long Itchington Wood tunnel due to the installation of an electricity supply for the machine to bore the tunnel. The roads affected include the B4552 outside Harbury, Bascote Heath village and a section of the Welsh Road.
2. Bockendon Road will be closed Monday to Friday 9.30am – 3.30pm from 30 September – June 2020 to allow for an access point to be created.
3. The moving of underground gas pipelines in Coleshill and Kenilworth will cause disruption around Chattlehill/Water Orton/Dalehouse Lane for the remainder of 2020.
4. Find out more about what the proposals are for the HS2 Phase One route as it travels through Warwickshire, how it is being constructed and plans for reducing disruption on this page.
DROP-IN SESSIONS/ENGAGEMENT EVENTS
All drop in sessions and engagement events have been cancelled for the foreseeable future due to the Government’s advice to limit all non-essential social contact. HS2 is looking at alternative ways of engaging and communicating with you over the coming weeks and months.
Details of how communities being disrupted by HS2 construction can apply for funding are available on this page.
Click here to read information for farmers and growers affected by HS2 construction.
Download the latest Autumn/Winter newsletter from HS2 south Warwickshire region. In this edition:
- Work in your area
- Ancient woodland relocation
- Archaeological investigations
- Business and community funds
HS2 Woodland Fund
The Woodland Fund is open to applications from landowners located within 25 miles of the Phase One route of the high speed railway. The fund aims to help local landowners create new native, broad leaf woodlands. To find out more about the Woodland Fund and how to apply you can visit the Forestry Commission website by clicking here
Would you Like to
Donate to the Hub?
A donation to the Hub of any amount is always gratefully received. However, it is only donations of over £100 that can be acknowledged on the Hub website as a Champion. A donation can be given to the Hub by cheque, bank payment, standing order or by the Paypal Link Below.
The Warwickshire Rural Hub CIC
c/o Pleasance Farm, Kenilworth
Warwickshire, CV8 1PR
Tel: 07780 159291
Company Registration No: 7026157
Registered office: 23 West Bar Street, Banbury, OX16 9SA
Tel: 07780 159291
Warwickshire Rural Hub CIC Directors
Henry Lucas (Chair)
Graham Collier (Deputy Chair)
Hub Steering Group Members
George Bostock, NFU
Mark Dickin, Ellacotts Accountants
Tom Newbery, Highfield Farm
Alexandra Robinson, Wright Hassall LLP
Matt Willmott, King's Seeds
Jon Slee, Abbey Farm
Andrew Cook, Farmer
Emlyn Evans, Squab Hall
The Warwickshire Rural Hub accepts no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from any action taken in reliance on the information contained on this website.
© 2018 Warwickshire Rural Hub. All rights reserved.